To get a roundup of TechCrunch’s biggest and most important stories delivered to your inbox every day at 3 p.m. PDT, subscribe here.
Midweek? More like mid-weak! Okay, terrible pun, but we’re a little low energy in this heat wave today, so it kinda made sense.
Oh! And good news, btw, we’re offering 15% off Disrupt tickets (excluding online or expo tickets) for you, our trusty Daily Crunch readers. Use promo code “DC” to claim your discount!
See you tomorrow! — Christine and Haje
The TechCrunch Top 3
- Slumdog $5-illonnaire: Landa is the latest startup to attract venture capital, in this case $33 million, to democratize real estate ownership, Mary Ann writes. Its approach enables people to invest in the real estate sector, which is known for providing generational wealth, but in a less expensive, more fractional way, and in some cases, for as little as $5 initially.
- Snap, crackle and . . . fizzle: Despite the myriad of news and new revenue streams we’ve reported about Snap right here in this newsletter, Evan Spiegel said the words no tech employee wants to hear right now: “restructuring our business.” Amanda reports that this unfortunately means cutting 20% of staff.
- Obstacles abroad: Amazon faces some tough competition in India, and Manish reports that has presented some challenges in the e-commerce giant’s ability to gain a more prominent foothold in the country.
Startups and VC
This week, Haje went deep with a founder who’s building digital license plates. He mused that building an easy-to-copy hardware product in an incredibly tightly regulated industry where winner-takes-all would be an utter nightmare, but when it works, it works, and it’s fascinating to see Reviver build a company, one license plate at the time.
Populus, the San Francisco–based transportation data startup, got its start as shared scooter mania took hold and cities tried to make sense of how infrastructure was being used by fleets of tiny vehicles. Now, Populus co-founder and CEO Regina Clewlow is repositioning the company to take advantage of another hot opportunity: curbs and congestion, Rebecca writes. It’s a really good read from the TechCrunch transportation desk with an undertone of “the power of great pivots.”
Raisin’ money, raisin’ hell:
Crafting a XaaS customer success strategy that drives growth
Giving users better service than they expected could literally save a software startup. In one study, companies that spent 10% of yearly revenue on customer success attained peak net recurring revenue.
“Companies mostly deploy two or more customer success archetypes,” according to TC+ contributors Rachel Parrinello and John Stamos. “They usually vary by customer segment, business versus technical focus and sales motion focus: adopt, renew, upsell and cross-sell.”
If you’re interested in optimizing revenue through CS, read the rest for a full overview of job design methodology, because “companies should not design their customer success roles in a vacuum.”
(TechCrunch+ is our membership program, which helps founders and startup teams get ahead. You can sign up here.)
Big Tech Inc.
Social media and privacy don’t often go hand in hand, especially when children can see a lot on the internet already. Twitter got caught up in this when it reportedly tried to monetize adult content in an effort to compete with OnlyFans. It later scrapped the program when it was found that its system couldn’t “detect child sexual abuse material and non-consensual nudity at scale,” Amanda writes. Meanwhile, California lawmakers wasted no time moving ahead to put in place statewide online privacy protections for children where there are none at the federal level, Taylor reports.
- Stepping on the gas, er, EV pedal: Toyota is accelerating its investment in U.S. electric vehicles, and will park some $3.8 billion into that initiative, up from an initial $1.3 billion, Jaclyn writes.
- Cashing in on NFTs: Event organizers working with Ticketmaster can now issue NFTs tied to tickets on Flow, Ivan reports.
- It’s almost fall and that means another Apple event: Brian has the skinny on all the things you should know about Apple’s iPhone 14 event on September 7.
- New satellite on the block: Royal Caribbean is going “all-in on satellite service,” and will outfit its fleet of ships with Starlink internet, Devin writes.
Free Tiktok Followers Generator and How to Get Followers on Tiktok 2020 and Z7wtnk
[WPNOJS] Eshop Gift Cards and Card Codes
UNPYF Paysafecard Codes Free and Free Paysafecard Codes
how to get free money on cash app, free cash app money and cash app free money code
[CVOZZX] Nintendo Ds Family and Free Nintendo Eshop
Free PSN Gift Cards 2022 and How to Get PSN Gift Cards for Free
Free Tiktok Followers Generator and Why Does It Say I Have Zero Followers on Tiktok and 4btbp9
Xbox Gold Gift Cards Free, Free Xbox One 50 Dollar Gift Cards and Ger Free Xbox One Gift Cards No Servey
PSN \Gift Cards for Free and Free PSN Gift Cards in Pakistan
[PK7X2T] Wii Points Cards Codes and Can You Sell Pokemon Cards at Gamestop
how to make free money from cash app, how to request free money on cash app and get free money on cash app card
FOANO Cumpara Paysafe Online and Paysafecard Online
TO9YD Paysafe Code Free and Free Paysafe Card
G91LA Coduri Paysafecard and Paysafecard Code
how to get free money in my cash app, how to scam cash app and get free money 2022 and how can i get money on cash app for free
O0GXL Cod Paysafecard Free and Free Paysafe
[3PXOMI] Free Nintendo Gold Points Code and Nintedo Shop
Free Tiktok Followers Generator and Tiktok like and 49uq9d
R6VU1 Paysafecard Gift Card and Gift Cards Paysafe
PSN Free Gift Cards Codes and $100 Free PSN Gift Cards
Xbox Free Gift Cards by Points, Giving Away Free Xbox Gift Cards Live and Get Free Xbox One Gift Cards Free
Amazon PSN Gift Cards Codes Free and Free Gift Cards for PSN
free cash app account with money, is cash app free to transfer money and cash app++ free money
Free Codes for Xbox One Gift Cards, Free Xbox Gift Cards App Hack and Reddit Xbox One Free Gift Cards
Paysafe 50 Lei 2022 and Coduri De Paysafe
Xbox One Gift Cards Codes for Free, Free Xbox Gift Cards No Surveys or Downloads and Free Xbox Live Gift Cards No Surveys
Free Tiktok Followers Generator and How to Get Likes on Tiktok for Free and Jiq29g
Free PSN Gift Cards PSN and Free Gift Cards for PSN and Gift Card Generator
[YVT5L5] Nintendo Eshop Redeem Code and Wii U Money Cards
Free Fortnite V-bucks Generator and Fortnite Redeem Codes December 2021 and Tu062j
How to Get Free PSN Gift Cards Fast and Free Gift Cards for PSN Mod Apk
Free Fortnite V-bucks Generator and Fortnite Skins Code and 1ntrr8
M3CMK Paysafe Code Free and Free Paysafe Card
Free Fortnite V-bucks Generator and Free Vbucks Code and G9fig8
PN7Z3 Paysafecard Account Free and Gratis Paysafecard Codes
Free Tiktok Followers Generator and Socialboosting and Jgmdkz
make free money on cash app, referral code how to get free money on cash app and cash app glitch free money
Free Xbox One Store Gift Cards, Free Xbox Digital Gift Cards Generator No Survey and Www,Gift Card Rebel
Can You Get Free Xbox Gift Cards, Free Xbox One Gift Cards Codes with No Activation Key and Free Money Gift Cards for Xbox One
U0BNJ Paysafecard 25 Lei Gratuit and Www
ways to make money on cash app for free, how to get money on your cash app for free and play free online games to earn money cash app
can i get free money on cash app, how to get free money on cash app right now and how to make free money on cash app on android